Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: (Coda)--Can Some one Please review My stats for my NX-02

(Coda)--Can Some one Please review My stats for my NX-02

this ship was created using this website: http://www.simsherbrooke.com/strpg/ship_creation/

I don't have the Starship Book

NX-02: The Shenandoah

PRODUCTION DATA

Origin: Starfleet
    Class and Type: NX-02, Light Explorer
    Year Launched: 2153

HULL DATA

Structure: 30
    Size/Decks: 6/7
    Length/Height/Beam: 225/50/100
    Complement: 84

OPERATION DATA

Atmosphere Capability: No
    Transporter: 1
    Cargo Units: 60
    Shuttle Bay: 1
    Shuttlecraft: 2
    Tractor Beam (Grappler): 1
    Sensor System: Class 1 (+1/B)
    Operation System: Class 1 (reliability B)
    Life Support: Basic (reliability A)

PRODUCTION DATA

Impulse System: Type IIa (.5c) (B)
    Warp System: Type III (WARP 3/4/5) (B)

TACTICAL DATA

Primary Beam: Phaser Cannon Type I X1
    Secondary Beam: Phaser Cannon Type I X1
    Penetration: 2/2/2 (A)
    Missile Primary: Photon Torpedo Type I X1
    Missile Secondary: Photon Torpedo Type I X1
    Penetration: 3/3/3/3/3(A)
    Deflector Shield (Hull Plating): Low level (A)
    Protection/Threshold: 9/1

MISC. Data
    Maneuvers Mod: 2 C, 0 H, 2 T

Looks good to me, but I don't have Starships. One thing did catch my eye, the weapons should be grouped together (ie 2x Phas(er) Cannon.)

It looks fairly good with the exception of the Photon Torpedoes which the NX class don't have - they use spatial torpedos - the rules for which are outlined in Starships.
    Ta Muchly

Originally posted by Tobian
    It looks fairly good with the exception of the Photon Torpedoes which the NX class don't have - they use spatial torpedos - the rules for which are outlined in Starships.
    Ah, the NX-class is now armed with Photonic Torpedoes.

Cool

aside from the weapons groupings, it looks pretty solid to me.

I'm currently working on the NX-03 Challenger for my group. She's pretty much the same as the previous two, with a slight expanded rear hull to allow for a land vehicle for the players to drop of witha shuttle pod so the can go surveying and having weapons ports on top of the NX-class to give Suliban a rather nasty surprise.
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"

Cochran, Georgia, USA, Sol III, Alpha Quadrant, Milky Way Galaxy
    The "official" NX-01 has the dimensions of length: 225, Height: 29, and Beam: 136, which would put it at size five. She has a crew of 82 give or take, depending whether or not you think she needs it, I would probably try to get about 100 in it. I see the Enterprise just being a test run, it the enlisted don't have private rooms, then I think you could get four instead of two into a room.
    The weapons looks about right. They may have upgraded the phase cannon as well. But she did get the photonic torpedoes. The NX-02 is supposed to have all of these when she leaves spacedock. Shuttlecraft would probably be four, 2 ready and two mothballed. Without the Starships book, you came pretty close. Mine was a little smaller, I suppose I went with decks at about 3.5m or so. The official looks a little over 4m per deck. If you need schematics http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/index.htm has some great images to use. If you really need info from the official stats ,for comparison of course, let me know.
    "Retreat?! Hell, we just got here!", annonymous American Marine, WWI

"Gravity is a harsh mistress....", The Tick

I usually find the DTIL site extremelly accurate about these things.. http://www.ditl.org/ships/hednx.htm
    Though of course not that much is really known about the NX class.
    Ta Muchly

Here's my take on the NX-class. It's as close as I can make it to what I've seen on screen so far. Had a lot of space left unspent.

NX-class cruiser

Origin: Earth (Terra, Sol System)
    Class and Type: NX-class cruiser
    Commissioning Date: 2151 (refit 2153)
    Lead Engineer: Anton Spletstoser

Hull Data:
    Structure: 25
    Size/Decks: 5/7
    Length: 225m / Height: 29m / Beam: 136m
    Complement: 82 (8 officers, 74 enlisted)

Propulsion Data
    Warp System: WE-5, Warp 2/4/5 (B)
    Impulse System: Type 2a, .5c (B)

Operational Data
    Atmosphere Capable: No
    Cargo Units: 50
    Operations System: Class 2 (C)
    Life Support: Class 3 (D)
    Sensor Systems: Class 2 +2/+1/0/0/0 (C)
    Separation System: No
    Shuttlebays: 1 aft ventral (two shuttlepods are kept on ready standby, 2 more are “mothballed”)
    Tractor Beams: 1 Grappler system in aft ventral turret, can only be used at point blank range and only on vessels of size 4 or less.
    Transporters: 1 personnel (this is one pad)

Tactical Data
    Phasers: Type I Phase Cannon (X3, B)
    Penetration: 3/3/2/0/0
    Torpedo Launchers: Type I Photonic Torpedoes (X3, B)
    Photon Penetration: 3/3/3/3/0
    Deflector Shield: Class I Hull Polarization System
    Protection/Threshold: 12/1

Miscellaneous Data
    Maneuver Modifiers: +1 C, +2 H, +1 T
    Traits: Design Defect (Transporters, +5 TN to all System Operation (Transporter) tests)
    Enhanced System (Beam, +2)

Background:
    The NX-class was meant to usher in a new era of exploration for the Earth Starfleet. The NX-class cruisers are the state of the art in Terran starship design. She incorporates the WE-5 warp engine, capable of speeds up to 125 times the speed of light. But the NX-01 Enterprise has found that the galaxy is not a friendly place. Shortly after leaving spacedock, the Enterprise Armory and Engineering departments had to implement the phase cannon upgrade in the field (which increased firepower at point blank and close range). So far, first contact has been made with several species, not all of them friendly. Enterprise has run into Klingon marauders, Nausicaan pirates, unknown alien raiders, Suliban pod ships, and Tholian cruisers. There was even a recent encounter with a Tellarite bounty hunter in which said bounty hunter captured Captain Archer of the Enterprise and attempted to turn him over to the Klingons. The NX-02 is set to be completed in several weeks. Since the Xindi attack, Starfleet is re-assessing it’s defense plans for Earth. The older Columbia-class cruisers are to come in for refits to the new weapons and propulsion systems. Most can install phase cannon in the field, but photonic torpedoes and WE-5 engines will require at least two weeks in spacedock. At the moment Starfleet consists of only 20 odd ships, half of which are acting as supply ships trying to support the colonization effort. The others are patrolling the stellar trade routes and Sol System as best they can. Plans are also being drawn up for a smaller “no-frills” starship. This Daedalus-class of cruisers will lack some of the advancements seen in the NX-class, but will include other advancements such as a new system of pumping more energy into a laser cannon, this development proves to be more powerful and less expensive to produce than the current phase cannon. They should only be 2/3 the cost of an NX-class cruiser and have the same offensive capabilities, but their science and comm systems will suffer. This class is to begin construction and enter service by 2160.

Notes:
    This is meant to reflect the NX-class after the Xindi attack on Earth. The ship has been refit with new photonic torpedoes, which have been in development with the phase cannon. They have increased penetration over the older spatial torpedoes and longer range (spatial torpedoes could only fire out to medium range with a penetration of 2/2/2/0/0: Reed made a remark about how much more range the new torpedoes have than the old spatial types in "The Expanse"). I gave the transporter the design defect to reflect that it is a very new technology. It has trouble in anything other than “ideal” conditions. During a storm, a crewman was beamed up and had debris from his surroundings merged with his body. Until an improved matter discriminator is designed and field-tested, there is a 50% chance that this will happen under similar circumstances.
    Last edited by Antonsb214; 05-07-2004 at 10:48 PM.

I like it, especially the background info and the merging with the Daedalus Program.

My only question, and this comes from not watching many Ent eps, but have they actually taken Enterprise up to Warp 5? I thought she was still hovering around Warp 4.5.

Well, you could always give her the Design defect (warp system) and have the ship shake itself apart 2 bits at a time, but then I'd probably spend some of those unused hull spaces to reinforce the structure points. So spend ten space to get 35 structure, so the ship could only go a max speed for a couple of dozen rounds before she'd just fly apart or the warp drive would just go offline.

I think they've managed to get to warp 5 on a couple of occasions, though I can't remember which one's - They were beign chased by a faster ship in both instances I also agree with the prototype warp drive - they are capable of going that fast, but extremelly tempremental if you do!
    Ta Muchly

Originally posted by Phantom
    My only question, and this comes from not watching many Ent eps, but have they actually taken Enterprise up to Warp 5? I thought she was still hovering around Warp 4.5.
    I think there was an ep in either Season 1 or 2 where Archer had Trip and Travis redline that SOB and crank it up to Warp 5, though the ship was feeling it big time.

--mac

ADDENDUM TO TYPE I SHUTTLEPOD

add grapplers 1av

does anyone know how many MACOs are on ENTERPRISE?

^ check this site

http://maco.phasers.net/
    Star Trek Character Builder

Plasma Bolt!! Plasma Bolt!!