Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spacedock Software

Spacedock Software

Has anyone developed a program that handles the Spacedock Ship Design process?
    Has anyone considered developing an interface to use that handles the power allocation, damage status, weapons & shields, crew casualties, etc. using Spacedock?

Actually, yes, I did. I developed a program which handled pretty much everything and also calculated power consumption under various power modes (emergency etc.). However, due to no resonance or comments I stopped developing it.

As far as I remember everything worked pretty fine, but the new features (custom items, pictures etc.) never made it.

You can find it somewhere on the forum.
    Captain Zortiander of the NCC Junkpile.
    If you want something transported, we'll do it for less then you could possibly imagine. Anytime, anywhere.

<A HREF="http://www.zortiander.de">Go to the Mainframe</A>

This is the link to Beta 6.2 which to my knowledge worked quite fine:

http://forum.trek-rpg.net/showthread.php?t=11180

There is also a link to Beta 7, but I have appended the latest development status here. If there's enough interest I might start and work on it again a bit, but I'll need help and motivation. Most important will surely be pictures: blue prints of various components (warp core etc.) and the like.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Zortiander; 01-26-2009 at 12:28 PM.
    If you want something transported, we'll do it for less then you could possibly imagine. Anytime, anywhere.

That's pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Zortiander View Post
    This is the link to Beta 6.2 which to my knowledge worked quite fine:

http://forum.trek-rpg.net/showthread.php?t=11180

There is also a link to Beta 7, but I have appended the latest development status here. If there's enough interest I might start and work on it again a bit, but I'll need help and motivation. Most important will surely be pictures: blue prints of various components (warp core etc.) and the like.
    Exactly what I've been looking for. Very cool and I've wasted a couple days tooling around with it.

One minor thing though. I could be completely crazy, but I think the SU cost of impulse engines are being counted twice in this program. One as propulsion and one as power source.

But seriously great work!

Heya,

yes there is a problem where Beta 7 does not take into account correctly the impulse power costs: it counts impulse SU twice (though displaying it correctly I believe) and does not count power output from impulse, thanks for pointing that out!

I also noted that the power page is not working correctly (i.e. distribution is not shown), which seems strange, as I know that it worked at some point ... I will see whether I get the time to go through the code and wrap that up.

Quote Originally Posted by Zortiander View Post
    Heya,

yes there is a problem where Beta 7 does not take into account correctly the impulse power costs: it counts impulse SU twice (though displaying it correctly I believe) and does not count power output from impulse, thanks for pointing that out!

I also noted that the power page is not working correctly (i.e. distribution is not shown), which seems strange, as I know that it worked at some point ... I will see whether I get the time to go through the code and wrap that up.
    Excellent work. I figured it would be a shame if you couldn't complete this due to lack of feedback. Looks like you have this under control, but I've been making a list if you are interested.

Good luck and seriously good work

Cheers Jadehorde,

if you have a list of bugs, please send it to me. I have to get my bearings on this very old data, but I hope to find all the pieces (not so easy, as I have to dig into my archive) and start ironing out all the issues.

Good to know that my little tool is of help and thanks for the feedback!

Alright. Sorry about the long delay. I've been compiling some stuff. Most are just options than actual bugs.

I'll hopefully post it all tonight.

Going by the tabs (and this is all I've found/remember)

Hull
    -Basic Hull
    Additional Resistance doesn't seem to compute the SU's correctly. I think the ratio is reversed from what it's supposed to be, unless I don't read the construction rules correctly. It should be 3 SU's per 2 resistance. Seems to be listed as 2 SU's per 3 resistance.

Might also want to include the ability to put in back-up SIF's

-Personnel
    Allow for secondary Med Bays for MVAM or other separation systems. Maybe just a list like you've set up for phasers/shields/engines, etc

-Propulsion
    Might want to have each engine subtotal. This might apply to things like phasers, etc. Things like plasma injectors, warp engine mods, acc uprating.

-Power
    Aforementioned issue with double counting impulse engines as propulsion and power.

-Operations
    Maybe want the IDF to have backups in addition to the standard.

-Tactical
    Same minor improvement as the engines, perhaps show the subtotal per phaser array to better tailor SU usage.

All of these are really minor other than maybe the impulse engines being double counted. It's a great program.

Good luck

Thanks for the feedback Jadehorde. I will see what I can do about it all once I get my bearings on where I stand with my software and let you know then how much I can realize from what you wrote me. But most of it sounds quite reasonable and should be straightforward to implement.

Hey it's all self interest here. If I don't help it might take that much longer for you.

But I'm glad to give what small assistance I am able.

Again good luck and keep us updated.

If i might link up to this

i just tried to get your beta version to run with Vista - with no luck so far.
    Any chance a new version will run with this version of Windows?
    "Space may be the Final Frontier, but it's made in a Hollywood basement"

Red Hot Chili Peppers "Californication"

"per aspera ad astra"

Seneca

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Otto View Post
    If i might link up to this

i just tried to get your beta version to run with Vista - with no luck so far.
    Any chance a new version will run with this version of Windows?
    Weird I am using Vista and have had no problems. What's the issue exactly?

Strange indeed. Could you tell me what error messages you get? Maybe I'll be able to see what the error is. I ran and compiled it under XP initially but my actual build here runs under Vista (and is compiled there); I only use XP features, though and no .net, so it should normally work even with 2000.