4 16.00%
  • 9 Best of Enterprise

0 0%
  • 10 Best of Trek

0 0%

Thread: Rate ST:ENT "Daedalus"

Rate ST:ENT "Daedalus"

Ok lets try this again

It was nice not to challenging as far as core canon goes and most of te troublesome aspects were kept low. i gave it a 5, just a good average show
    Draftsmen in Training

Yeah...no surprises in this ep. Archer was pretty irrational in his decision-making process.

Frankly, I much more enjoyed the first two eps of Battlestar Galactica -- good acting and characters, great SFX, and a solid couple of stories.

Where as I found Archer's internal conflict to be realistic especially his reactions when pressed about the decisions he made.

That is part of the reason I rated the episode as high as I did.

Regards,
    CKV.
    "It is our mission to push back the darkness from the light and expand the boundaries of knowledge and understanding. That doesn't mean exploring every pleasure planet between here and Andromeda XO."

(reposting)

I thought the episode was pretty good. It gets into Archer's backstory a little bit more, develops new canon without destroying the old, and shows the evolution of T'Pol and thus allows us to get a glimpse of what is probably happening across Vulcan; that is, a fundamental reevaluation of beliefs.

I give it a 7. Next week's looks if-fy....
    -Chris Barnes
    Visit FBR!

Salinas, Calif., USA (a Chiefs fan in an unholy land)
    26 minutes into the show, and I finally figured out the "Daedalus" connection. I know, I'm slow. Good episode so far, though.

Finished now. That was an excellent episode, methinks. I do like the direction they're taking with T'Pol, and I enjoyed learning more about Archer. Gave it an 8.
    Last edited by Sea Tyger; 01-16-2005 at 03:04 AM.
    Davy Jones

"Frightened? My dear, you are looking at a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom, and chuckled at catastrophe! I was petrified."
    -- The Wizard of Oz

Three.

The writing itself was not bad. It was nice to see an "Enterprise" episode that wasn't a retroactive continuity. Could have been great.

The acting was horrible, though. The guy who they got to play Erickson looked like he was sleeping through the part. He seemed to be confused by this whole 'Star Trek' business, and didn't want to invest too much time in delivering his lines with any conviction. He made Bakula look good in comparison!

A little better than average. Not spectacular. Not awful. Erickson could have been a rebadged Richard Daystrom; I half expected a near-psychotic "Collegues, laughing and the boy genius, and becoming famous ... building on my work... BUILDING ON MY WORK!!"

For a man desperate to save his son, so desperate that he was willing to risk the total loss of Starfleet's trust, and possibly the next cell down from Arik Soong, Erickson didn't have much passion or fire. Certainly, he and his daughter have ruined their careers. For him, old and sick, the trade may have been worth it. But he's probably ruined his daughter's life, and on a long odds gamble. Yet I got no sense that the decision was hard for him. Poor casting.

Yeah, I'm the guy who gave it a '1'.

As the comic book guy on The Simpsons would say "worst episode ever". I mean, I first watch Galactica, which rocks, and then I watch this thing... my girlfriend had to nudge me a few times as I was falling asleep on the couch.

The acting by the two guest stars was terrible. Again, the story of the genius/Starfleet dude/whoever that is obsessed over a lost relative has been done to death. Also, how come it wasn't some more advanced race, like the Vulcans, that have developped the transporter?? I mean, the Vulcans have had the warp drive before the humans so one would assume that would be the same with thr transporter. But whatever ...
    "No captain kicked ass, took names, outsmarted the machines, and then scored the babes like the Kirkmeister" -Liquidator Queeg

Quote Originally Posted by Snake_Plissken
    Also, how come it wasn't some more advanced race, like the Vulcans, that have developped the transporter??
    Maybe they did, and didn't give it to the humans -- Emory Erickson was the human who invented the device, just as there is a Klingon, a Vulcan, a Romulan, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Snake_Plissken
    I mean, the Vulcans have had the warp drive before the humans so one would assume that would be the same with thr transporter. But whatever ...
    Not guaranteed to be true, although it is likely. It would depend on whether the two technologies are linked (that is, exploit similar physics), but it has happened that civilizations have failed to discover one or another advance. Remember that even with evidence before them that it could be done, the Vulcans continued to refuse belief in time travel.

Finally got to see it.

Well, after the last 6 episodes, I must say I was rather disappointed. All right, the worst part was the acting of the two guest stars, which sometimes happens. But I didn't care much for the writing either, the story was quite bland, and far from keeping me riveted to the screen.

Actually, the only part I liked was T'Pol, her development through the kirshara (sp?), and her interaction with Trip. Those awkward moments between them seem rather well acted and well written to me ... kinda neat . I just wish they would spend more time on that part.

Anyhow, gave the episode a 4, which must be the worst rate I've given for an Enterprise episode.

I'm not too hopeful about "Observer Effect" either, looks like we've seen one of those episodes for TNG, one for Voyager, and probably one for TOS and maybe even DS9 also. Oh, well, I'll watch it, just in case .
    Every procedure for getting a cat to take a pill works fine -- once.
    Like the Borg, they learn...
    -- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)