Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anyone have adventures I can look at?

anyone have adventures I can look at?

I've gotten a lot of ideas together and would like to detail some of them thoroughly as adventures, but I don't have much experience with non-conflict-driven RPGs so I don't really know how to present my adventures. It would be most helpful if someone could provide a list of links to adventures (for any system) that shows Star Trek adventures I could browse.

Any particular era you have in mind?
    Patrick Goodman -- Tilting at Windmills

"I dare you to do better." -- Captain Christopher Pike

Beyond the Final Frontier: CODA Star Trek RPG Support

Old Trek site then click on Tactical in the menu on left.
    Member, TrekRPGnet Development Team | OD&D Guild - The Guild for Original (Classic) D&D | FlintGamers |Free Web Hosting

I focus on TOS era, but it doesn't matter to me what time frame an adventure is written for. As long as it is Star Trek, because Trek has a distinctive style/flavor that not many other sci-fi settings have.

that's a start

spshu: that's sort of what I was looking for. Any more formal writeups out there on the net? That collection uses a single style and seems to be almost all the same author. Is that pretty much the standard writeup format or can we find other styles?

I've got all four of Decipher's adventure PDF files sitting on my hard drive; I'll upload them to my web site and post a link to them shortly.

Make me use my Google Fu will you:
    Found by search on forum: Pre-Made Adventures (some on one of the sites' adventures are zip conpressed.)
    Adventure / Series Seeds PDF File

In consulting my database of content I have found:
    Decipher Adventures - of course half of them are by Dave Biggins.
    A Hungry Season
    Resistance is not futile

Quote Originally Posted by PGoodman13
    I've got all four of Decipher's adventure PDF files sitting on my hard drive; I'll upload them to my web site and post a link to them shortly.
    No need, PGoodman13. I have found the link to the Decipher adventure dispite the Decipher.fanhq.com saying that there archives are down for maintanence.
    Member, TrekRPGnet Development Team | OD&D Guild - The Guild for Original (Classic) D&D | FlintGamers |Free Web Hosting

Your Google Fu is indeed strong. Mine is usually pretty strong, but I'm lazy....

Well, I can't say any of the stuff I've put together would be classified as "non-conflict driven," but I can humbly offer several scenarios from my own website. They are FASA and TOS based, but all are adaptable to other systems and eras.
    "For to win 100 victories in 100 battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill." Sun Tzu - The Art of War

You have stats on the "Demon Possesed" ships - Dude, I love you
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

You have stats on the "Demon Possesed" ships - Dude, I love you
    Glad to be able to help. If you want the Kinshaya Construction Tables, shoot me a PM and I'll be glad to send you the Excel file.
    "For to win 100 victories in 100 battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill." Sun Tzu - The Art of War

Thumbs up

Thank you all for helping with your awesome Google-foo! Now I've got plenty to look at to help with structuring my adventures.

Question

Well, from what I have seen, ST adventures are very different from D&D adventures. All the adventures I saw were 1-8 pages long and entirely descriptive. They set up a scenario and left all the contingencies to the GM to figure out on his own. TThere were few game statistics involved, usually only NPC stats. This is in contrast to my D&D experience where adventures are usually about 32 pages long, are loaded with stats (and not just the monsters, but what rolls to make and the TNs), and usually detail all kinds of what-ifs the players might try.

Do you guys usually run adventures from such skeletal notes? Even when I ran my own games in other systems I usually had a pile of notes. If I were to release some adventures here or on my web site, do you really prefer that they be minimal or would more be better?

Well first off, if you write down every one of the contingencies you'd have a full book on you hands per adventure. For the most part I, the GM, add my own flesh to the bones of an adventure (and man does it really hurt some days). Now as far as DnD goes, very different. Your more likely to use diplomacy rather than brute force to resolve conflict, and most of the challenges given to players are not of a combat nature.
    Phoenix...

"I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity,
    but maybe we should just remove all the safety lables and let nature take it's course"

"A Place For Everything & Nothing In It's Place"

I'll draft upa few of the things I've put my players through. May take a bit of time
    A brave little theory, and actually quite coherent for a system of five or seven dimensions -- if only we lived in one.

Academician Prokhor Zakharov, "Now We Are Alone"