Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: has anyone adapted Space Dock to Power Armour

Have you thought about installing a Neurogenic interface for the suit? I think that the Starship Trooper suits have them in the third movie but do not hold me to that as I am not sure but here it would work well would it not. Without looking at the books the Neurogenic interface does not cost too much in the way of SU's or power.

I did mate, on both builds, you must have missed it.

I tossed up whether to use a M/AM warp core or go with my take on the QIC (the time line fit for the QIC so I went with that in the end, using the revised QIC from here http://forum.trek-rpg.net/showthread...nduction+cores ), purists could put in a M/AM core (60su available so a Class 5H which would provide 250pwr), but there is little wriggle room for adding in a larger core (I suppose you could eliminate the mass transporter and put in a larger core, but the ability to transport the entire mech around would be an incredibly advantageous tactically, for instance the Mech could transport down to a planet from their capital ship from orbit rather than having to 'drop down' (flying down) or transport itself around on the surface rather than having to fly). Space issues was why I went with dispersive armour (which IMHO is the better option anyway) rather than ablative armour. I also wanted to put in armour regeneration (doesn't fit the timeline) and an automated med bay, but space wouldn't allow.

For the Voth build I was going to add a Omega particle core (Voth are supposed to have perfected the use of Omega particles safely according to STO) and increase the power significantly (say around 10 Omega molecules producing 6990 pwr, equivalent to the output of ten class 13/s warp cores), but made up a 'subspace tap', inspired by the Babylon 5 Vorlon Hyperspace tap power core instead.

"in season eight of Star Trek Online, players battle the Voth for control of a Dyson sphere in the Delta Quadrant which formerly belonged to the Solanogen-based lifeforms (referred to as the "Solanae" in the game) seen in the TNG episode "Schisms"

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Solanae_Dyson_Sphere

"While parts of it are occupied by the Voth, who are trying to exploit the Sphere's automated production of Omega Particles, the Dyson Joint Command, an alliance of Federation, Klingon and Romulan Republic forces, have claimed an adjacent area to battle the Voth threat."
    Last edited by WaveMan; 06-23-2017 at 06:51 PM.
    AKA-Dean
    "I will never make excuses for who I am. It is the way I was born. I am a HUNTER. a BONE COLLECTOR."
    Wave Man, the term "wave man" is the English translation of 'Ronin' (Japanese word) and literately translates to "wandering person" and in a modern context a WaveMan is one who is socially adrift or a SalaryMan who is between employers.

Ok, as Captain Kirk would say I am blind as a bat. I missed reading that the two times I have read through it. My only excuse is that I have too many things on my mind at one time and not thinking about what I am looking at. Both write ups look good.

it's all good mate, I'm just glad you like the write-ups. IMO they turned out well and it was a easy conversion.

The adoption makes sense if you think about it, in the Dominion War Sourcebook, where they wrote up a few ground vehicles one (the Ground Troop Transport) mentions in its description 'When gravimetric interference prevent hovercraft from operating most forces use Ground Troop Transport to move soldiers. Riding on wheels at speeds of up to 400 km/hr, GTT's are surprisingly adaptable and versatile despite their size bulk."

The Mech would be even more versatile, being able to fly, walk or displace. The Cyclops-class would be confined to a solar system as it has no FTL but the Voth Exosuit could easily operate anywhere in the galaxy (it would only take around 220 hrs to travel 100,000ly, so basically travel anywhere in the galaxy within a reasonable timescale)
    AKA-Dean
    "I will never make excuses for who I am. It is the way I was born. I am a HUNTER. a BONE COLLECTOR."
    Wave Man, the term "wave man" is the English translation of 'Ronin' (Japanese word) and literately translates to "wandering person" and in a modern context a WaveMan is one who is socially adrift or a SalaryMan who is between employers.